Our culture is guided by our core values – integrity first, accountability always, and quality in everything we do. Recognizing that our people are the foundation of our success, we strive to foster a culture that provides all of our 349 employees with a sense of purpose and professional enrichment. We are very passionate about our culture and inspired by the teamwork and collaboration we see every day at Rayonier.
We strive to be the preferred employer in the forestry industry. To achieve this vision, we are committed to creating an engaging and rewarding employee experience, with an emphasis on making safety our priority, embracing the power of teamwork and diversity, supporting employee growth and development, empowering employees to act like owners and creating a culture of wellness.
Our team works together across geographic, functional, and business line boundaries to solve problems and improve performance to ultimately fulfill our mission of generating industry-leading financial returns for our shareholders while serving as a responsible steward of our lands.
Employee Tenure and Turnover
To demonstrate the strength of our internal efforts to attract and retain talent, the charts below summarize our average years of service and our turnover rates. Our average employee tenure as of December 31, 2018 was 9.1 years and our 2018 voluntary turnover rate was 6.1%.
At Rayonier, we are committed to creating a culture of wellness. Consistent with our desire to ensure every employee goes home safely every day, we want to support our employees in living a fulfilling and healthy life. We believe the key to achieving this goal is providing education, resources, and a financial investment in our employees’ wellness. Our wellness program, Stay Strong, plays a key role in helping Rayonier employees attain better health and financial wellness. Stay Strong employs a comprehensive approach centered around four key areas: Health and Well-Being, Financial Wellness, Work-Life Balance and Emotional Health. We are proud to have been recognized by the FL First Coast Worksite Wellness Council as one of the healthiest companies for excellence in worksite wellness.
Examples of ways we support our employees’ and their families’ wellness:
- free annual onsite health screening and counseling for employees and their spouses/domestic partners
- up to $500 annual wellness reimbursements (e.g., gym membership, nutritional counseling, fitness equipment, etc.) for employees and their spouses/domestic partners
- monthly wellness workshops and resources
- retirement planning tools and one-on-one education
- financial wellness program with access to one-on-one financial counseling
- Weight Watchers program offered at work
- smoking cessation programs
- flexible work arrangements
- generous paid time-off
- emotional health seminars and counseling benefits
- free onsite gym facilities
- stand-up desks
- a comprehensive employee assistance program
- training programs designed to help maintain healthy working relationships and reduce conflict
- incentives for employees and their spouse/domestic partner to improve and maintain a healthy lifestyle
- a comprehensive benefits package